Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pink Salad?

One of my favorite ways to eat strawberries is what I call Pink Salad, which is a simple concoction of whipped cream mixed with a packet of strawberry jello, cottage cheese, and strawberries (and other canned fruit if desired). Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Well, since I'm seriously watching my diet right now, whipped cream is off the menu. But did you know that an entire packet of sugar-free jello is only 20 calories? So I've been doing something that seems a little weird. I'll put 1/2 cup cottage cheese in a bowl, sprinkle it with a little strawberry jello powder (saving the rest of the packet), and mix in canned pears. Soooo good. Okay, so maybe not compared to brownies or cookies. But when I'm craving something sweet, this does the trick, plus I get a nice serving of dairy/protein alond with my fruit, and it helps fill my belly.

So now I'm curious...when you're on a diet, and you need a fix without breaking the calorie bank, what do you eat that's weird?

No comments: