Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's on the menu?

I'm shooting for 1600 calories per day, but it's easier to think of it as 3 meals and a snack at 400 calories each.  I'm not religious about writing down all my calories, because I've been doing this a long time, and don't really need to.  Plus, it's preferable to just do some quick figuring in my head as I fix each meal, then eat and forget about the numbers until next time.  I also try to include those healthy fats if I can, and they really go a long way in helping me feel satisfied.  So this is how I did yesterday.  And yes, I have 2 snacks on here, but I had some extra calories at the end of the day, and I am literally addicted to popcorn.

Breakfast:
  • 1 fruit smoothie: 1/2 cup nonfat milk, 1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries and blueberries today), 1/2 scoop Muscle Milk vanilla protein shake powder (because a full scoop makes me gag a little), and enough water to make it the right consistency
  • 1 slice homemade whole wheat bread, toasted, with no-cal butter spray (I only recommend this if you have delicious bread to make it taste great)
  • 2 Tbsp almonds (healthy fat!)
Lunch:
  • 1 can Progresso Southwest Chicken soup (canned soup is not my fave when it's over 100 degrees outside, but I hadn't been to the store yet...)
  • 1 cup green beans
  • 2 Hersheys Nuggets (dark chocolate with almonds--healthy fats!)

Snack: one of Chad's protein bars


Dinner:
  • 2 lean ground turkey tacos (corn tortillas, meat, cilantro, tomatoes, Taco Bell sauce; I should have fried the tortillas up in healthy Olive Oil, but was lazy and starving)
  • Salad with fat-free Kraft Caesar Italian dressing
Snack: Orville Redinbacher Smart-Pop

1 comment: